- Hits: 1486
1) Who can apply: fresh graduates from colleges and universities looking for work experience.
2) The minimum period for volunteering is 3 months.
3) Areas of opportunities to work: Medical professionals, Project Officer (Planning and implementations), IT experts, Geohydrologists, Civil engineers, Counselors (careers & psychosomatic), Agronomists, Cooperative experts, Teachers, Marketing & sales, Information & Data managers, Age care, Legal experts (FCRA), Construction supervisors, Local language communicators, Religious teachers at schools, Language tutors, youth empowerment officers, etc. Click here to see open positions organized by topic.
4) You can choose the location: Delhi, Mundgod, Sonada, Darjeeling, Shimla, Dalhousie, Puruwala, Orissa, Bir, Kamrao, Rabgayling, Norgayling, Kalimpong, Gangtok, Dogueling, Phuntsokling, Dehradun, Dalhousie, Shimla & in Sherkhumbu, Jawalakhel, Tashiling, Lodrik, Walung & Rasuwa Office (Nepal)
Tibetan Women's Association is a non-governmental organization based in Mcleod Ganj, Dharamsala. TWA has a tailoring training program, womens legal empowerment program, fellowships, sponsorships, and research and publications in addition to political activism. This organization provides internship & volunteer opportunities for Tibetan & non Tibetans graduates from college or universities. To learn more about internship opportunities, click here.
2) Location: Internships take place in our head office in Dharamsala, India.
3) Duration of internship depends upon the individual case and the project.
Delek Hospital is a charitable institution registered under the Society's Act XXI of 1860 provides opportunities to work as volunteer doctors. The Tibetan Delek Hospital was founded in 1971 to provide much-needed health care to the Tibetan and local Indian communities in Dharamsala, India in the foothills of the Himalayas. His Holiness, the Dalai Lama, is the hospital's patron. Our 45-bed charitable hospital provides general medical care with a special focus on Tuberculosis, the single most serious infectious disease that threatens the Tibetan population and new arrivals from Tibet. Delek also has strong maternal and child health care programs, a service sorely lacking in the area. User fees are kept exceptionally low so that the poor can afford treatment in this hospital.
1) Who can apply: Medical graduates or Doctors.
2) Duration of volunteer: Minimum of 6 months and more.
3) Accommodation and food will be take care of but it will be an unpaid volunteer work.
Tibet Charity is an NGO located in Dharamsala that calls for volunteer work in two capacities as a Teacher and Veterinarian. Tibet Charity offers social services, health care, animal care, education and classes, open events for the Tibetan community, and blood donations.
2) Duration: Minimum one month and more
3) Accommodation is provided free of cost
Students for Free Tibet – India is a non-governmental organization that works towards regaining freedom for Tibet by grassroot advocacy and awareness campaigns. Click here for job opportunities with SFT. Click here for internship opportunities with SFT India.
1) Visit the office in McLeod Ganj on Jogibara Road across from the Yongling School Stairs, above National Democratic Party of Tibet office. Look for the SFT sign and Tibetan flag.