- Hits: 145
The Dalai Lama Trust, Washington DC announces Scholarship to interested students pursuing Masters and PhD program in Europe, Australia or the Americas.
Who can Apply?:
- Applicants must have already been enrolled in or be accepted to a full-time graduate degree program at a university in Australia, Europe or the Americas;
- Applicants must show proof of Tibetan heritage and continuity of green book payment;
- Applicants are solely and directly responsible for obtaining the necessary visas to attend the university of their choice;
- Eligible candidates must be pursuing graduate studies, whether at the master's or PhD level, or at a professional school;
- All graduate programs should be at least one year or multi-year, full-time graduate-level study programs, offered by reputable and accredited universities;
- Applicants must be willing sign an agreement to return to India or their countries of origin after they complete the studies to give back to their communities.
- The applicant must be a Tibetan Descent
- Applicant must have got an admission in a graduate program in a University in Europe, Australia or the Americas.
- Tibetans residing in India and Nepal can also apply
- Current awardees of the program can also apply for renewal of the scholarship
- Read the Tibetan & English application guidelines before filling on the Online Application Form in English or Tibetan.
- Current awardess interested in renewing the Scholarship must read the renewal scholarship guideline and submit a separate renewal application form
Mode of Selection: Selected applicants will be interviewed through skype or phone.
Number of Scholarship: 10 to 15 Scholarships
Scholarship award amount: US $10,000/-
Last date for submission of Online Application Form: April 22, 2017
For latest updates on the Scholarship, visit the official website.
Names of the selected students will be announced on July 06, 2016.
Click to read the official announcement